Acts 2:42

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Acts 2:42

This is a place strictly for fellowship. If you want to talk about more serious spiritual topics, feel free but it keep nice!

+2
HeidiRae
prissyprincess
6 posters

Biggest Fear

prissyprincess

Biggest Fear Empty Biggest Fear

Post  prissyprincess Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:02 am

I was debating if this topic would go under general discussion but then I decided that one would have to go pretty personal to really say their biggest fear.

My biggest fear is being put under for surgery and waking up in the middle of the surgery without being able to move or scream or show any indication that you can feel every single little cut that they are making to you.

I think I have seen way too many Oprah and Dr. Phil shows that show these messed up individuals who were traumatized for life because of this very thing happening to them.

So when I am a surgeon one day, I will put the little white thing on one's head to make sure that there is no brain activity throughout the surgery.
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Biggest Fear Empty Re: Biggest Fear

Post  HeidiRae Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:20 am

Wow! That does sound scary!

I think my biggest fear is my husband dying. He has this habit of forgetting to breathe when he's concentrating on something, and one of the members in our church is an RN, and he said that the brain kicks in telling you to breathe after a while, but that after too many times, it just quits, and doesn't let you know to start breathing again. Yeah! I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that!
    So, that is really scary to me, I honestly don't know what I would do without him. I love you
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 am

Mine is quite similar to HeidiRae's....anything to happening to my man, or indeed to anyone of my immediate family. I don't know what I would do without any of them. Crying or Very sad Sometimes I terrify myself (I have much too vivid an imagination) by imagining a future where I am widowed at a young age and it is the most frightening thing that I can possibly envisage. I'm scared of getting terminally ill myself; I know I can cope with non-terminal illnesses, but I don't know how I would cope if I saw death facing me.

On a less serious and realistic nature, I'm scared of very deep water and going into space. Thankfully, as I am neither a diver or astronaut, I don't have to deal with that! Razz
    kris
    kris

Post  kris Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 am

i used to be very scared of zombies.. i know their not real butt.........

im scared of the dark, like people behind me and outside and stuff
    kris
    kris

Post  kris Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:22 am

and im scared of needles/..
    prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:55 am

I don't really like needles either! Which I find hilarious since I want to be a brain surgeon. lol!
    Butterfly
    Butterfly

Post  Butterfly Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Prissy, why in the world would you post that?? I'm scared now!!!!
    prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:05 am

Aw sorry! I'm sure yours will go fine! Smile
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Post  HeidiRae Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 am

My Mother in Law was having a hysterectomy when she sat up and looked at the doctor. affraid He was REALLY startled!
    However, Butterfly, that doesn't normally happen. She is allergic to the anesthesia. Most people go through just fine, no problems.
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 am

I've had two (fairly major) operations, Butterfly, and both of them were fine. It really is very weird, as it feels like no time has passed at all before you are awake and it's all over. You might feel a little sick afterwards, and definitely very groggy, but there shouldn't be any other problems at all. Smile
    prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Yea.. aren't you having it done Thursday?
    RebelChick
    RebelChick

Post  RebelChick Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:47 am

I have been thinking about this thread ever since it was started. I don't really know what my biggest fear is. It used to be that I would someday end up with divorced parents...but then it happened and I survived. Then it was that someone in my immediate family would get cancer (there has been a lot of cancer on my mom's side) then my baby sister did. We all made it through that rough time and she is healthy now. Praise the Lord! It's hard to think of a bigger fear than those. They aren't as scary once you have been through them. Ummm....I am paranoid about the flu. lol!
    kris
    kris

Post  kris Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 am

my friends getting married:(
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:15 am

Because you'll be left behind single, or just because you don't want them to get married? When I was single, I used to cry after my friends' weddings. Embarassed But you do come out the other side, promise!
    kris
    kris

Post  kris Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:02 am

that ill be ledt behind i gues....
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Post  HeidiRae Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:21 am

When I was 17, I looked at a good friend, lamented the fact that all my friends were getting married, and made them promise to not get married before me. HAHA Laughing lol! Laughing Now I'm married, and they're still not even serious with anyone yet. So, I guess that worked for me! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    RebelChick
    RebelChick

Post  RebelChick Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 pm

HeidiRae wrote:When I was 17, I looked at a good friend, lamented the fact that all my friends were getting married, and made them promise to not get married before me. HAHA Laughing lol! Laughing Now I'm married, and they're still not even serious with anyone yet. So, I guess that worked for me! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Hey! Maybe I should try that! lol!
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Post  HeidiRae Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:38 am

Yeah! Maybe it'll work for you too! (Who are you gonna make promise?)
    prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:37 pm

You can make me promise.. I seriously doubt I will be getting married anytime soon! Plus.. you show a little bit more promise than the rest of us! Very Happy
    RebelChick
    RebelChick

Post  RebelChick Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:58 pm

You can make me promise.. I seriously doubt I will be getting married anytime soon! Plus.. you show a little bit more promise than the rest of us! Smile
    Ok...will you promise not to get married before me? And I'm slightly confused...how do I show more promise?

Okay, to sorta stay on topic...this isn't really a huge fear. But I get kinda scared of failure. There are times that I just won't try something because I don't want to do it wrong Neutral

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 am