Acts 2:42

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Acts 2:42

This is a place strictly for fellowship. If you want to talk about more serious spiritual topics, feel free but it keep nice!

3 posters

Dream Wedding Dress!

prissyprincess

Dream Wedding Dress! Empty Dream Wedding Dress!

Post  prissyprincess Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 am

Come on girls! I know everyone has at least one dream wedding dress (whether you have been married already or not!). I would love to see pictures of "THE wedding dress!"
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Dream Wedding Dress! Empty Re: Dream Wedding Dress!

Post  HeidiRae Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:27 am

Okie dokie Here it is. The only difference I would have wanted would be a sweetheart neckline. (Kind of a shaped like the top of a heart)

I hope this works!
    Dream Wedding Dress! 8-29-212

Last edited by HeidiRae on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finally got the picture to work! It took a few tries!)
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am

Haha, don't get me started on wedding dresses! I will never get off the topic... Razz My friend is doing a MA in costume design and has said that she will make mine for me - I am going to hold her to that as I love the idea of being able to design my own dress! I'm thinking of something Jane Austen-y but fitted. In other words, the whole little puffed sleeves and wide neckline that the dresses have, but without the effect that you are wearing a nightdress/maternity dress, so it'll be fitted all down my torso. I don't want a train or anything; I want it really simple. I also want pure white, partly because it actually does suit me and partly because I think it's symbolic of saving myself.

I really hope I get to have it made, as I don't know if I will ever find anything like this in the shops!
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Post  HeidiRae Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 pm

That sounds really pretty! My dress was my Mom's which she designed and made for her wedding. It wasn't pure white because she wasn't a virgin when she married, but I don't think I would have done pure white anyway, cause it makes me look REALLY sick! No I had lots of people comment on that, but my husband and I both knew that I was pure, and that's really what mattered to me. I've always kind of envied those who could get away with white though! Very Happy
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:32 pm

It looks pretty white in the photo (oh, and by the way, I forgot to say before that the lace on it is really pretty)! In any case, it wasn't as if it was red or anything like that (I hate that fashion!), so I'm sure the symbolism is still there. I guess I am fairly lucky that I can wear white. I know several people who have had to choose ivory for their complexions, but to be honest I don't think that ivory does anything in particular for me.

Is there a big age gap between you and your husband? Sorry, a bit off topic there...
    HeidiRae
    HeidiRae

Post  HeidiRae Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks! Just a little funny note, I made the vest and bow tie for my Husband, and worked really hard to find a fabric that would match my dress. But, it was really easy to find lace exactly like that! So here's the thing, the groomsmen all wore vests with contrasting lapels, and I thought for just a brief second that I should get some lace to make his lapels contrasting! Laughing Shocked Yeah, he wouldn't have liked that! It was hard enough to talk him into the bouttoniere!
    There is a pretty big gap in age, but it's really easy to forget. There's a twelve year gap. Could you tell from the photo?
    Back on subject, I have a friend who got married in a dress with BLACK trim!! Shocked Shocked Can you imagine? I hate the fashion of colored wedding dresses too. I figure, if you have to wear a colored dress, you should have a quiet ceremony in front of a judge!
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 pm

No, I wouldn't have guessed 12 years! You can tell that he is several years older than you though, maybe about 5 or so. I know what you mean about age gaps being easy to forget when you know a person really well.

One of my close friend's sister-in-law got married in black. affraid I thought it was horrible! I know superstition isn't really good for a Christian, but somehow it does seem like you're asking for trouble by doing that...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:37 pm