Acts 2:42

This is a place strictly for fellowship. If you want to talk about more serious spiritual topics, feel free but it keep nice!

Debate....!!

prissyprincess

Debate....!!

Post  prissyprincess on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:08 am

So what should we debate?? My favorite are either if girls should wear jeans... or if the Bible is inerrant...
    EnglishRose

Re: Debate....!!

Post  EnglishRose on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:09 am

Haha, they have to be the two most different topics in the world! Why don't you start them both up, Prissy? I'm sure that will get people discussing. Smile

prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Unless everyone thinks the same... then we will be in trouble! lol
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Well yes. Why don't we get started? I'm much too tired to argue for the inerrancy of the Bible right now, so I shall go for the easy option! Embarassed

I don't wear jeans and I don't own a pair at all. However, it's not because I think it's immodest but because a) they are soooooo dull - everyone wears them and it shows no fashion experimentation (apologies if I offend anyone) and b) they are kind of stiff and I don't like that feeling on my skin. Very Happy I don't really have a problem with other girls wearing them, though I wouldn't have a clue how men regard them.

prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:38 pm

I like jeans alot but I also like skirts and dresses. I love dressing up! I also like how jeans can allow you to dress them up by putting a nice top and heels with it. With skirts, you will notice when they are worn twice around you but with jeans, you don't.

I don't think jeans are immodest at all! Then again I don't wear super tight jeans. Even if they start out tight, they always end up loose by the end of the day. That is probably the only thing I don't like about jeans.

I think that most guys don't mind jeans as long as they fit properly.
    kris

Post  kris on Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:59 pm

i wear dresses, like bout all the time... but i dont have sa problem with jeans really!!But its how i was brought up. But at least in a dress you can tell if their a girl or a boy lol... i like when girls wear girly clothes... i think its nice
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:08 pm

I think we are all going to be quite unanimous in this! I agree that I love to wear girlie clothes, but it looks like none of us have a problem with the idea of jeans.

I'll tell you what I am intrigued by though...I realise we shouldn't lead men into temptation and should maintain a spirit of modesty. However, I am always amused/puzzled when I read things that supposedly tempt men and yet seem pretty innocent to me - like a messenger-style bag that has a strap cutting across a girl's front, or a bra strap peeking out from a jumper. Really?? Do you honestly think that such things cause men real problems?
    HeidiRae

Post  HeidiRae on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Hmm, I'm gonna agree with the common consensus here, and say that while I wear mostly skirts and dresses, I don't see anything wrong with a girl wearing jeans.

EnglishRose, the other topic you brought up, the strap cutting across a girls chest, and bra strap peeking out, My husband has said that they are very distracting, because the strap emphasises the chest, really showing the shape of the woman, and drawing the eye. The bra strap can also cause a distraction because it can cause the guy to speculate about the rest of the bra - and what it's covering. He also says that shirts with decorations across the front can be very distracting, again because they draw the eye to that area.
    Now, I do think that they have the responsibility to keep their thoughts in check, but I think that we have the responsibility to make it easier for them to do so.

My pet peeve, in this area, is that guys are not held responsible for their dress. That really bugs me! Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad I can't stand it when guys walk around with no shirt on and their pants riding way low on their hips. Do they think that we can't see them? Grrr. Rolling Eyes Mad
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Hmmm, I guess it really does depend on the man. I asked my man the same question and he said he didn't find it a problem at all. I wonder also whether it depends on the type of environment that men are in. For example, I guess if you always mix with Christians, subtle hints of a woman's body could be much more tempting. The city I live in has a good nightlife and, if we go out in the evening, the streets are full of hardly-dressed girls. I suppose in that context something small like a bra strap no longer matters.

I just find low trousers on men disgusting! Razz
    kris

Post  kris on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:35 pm

lol.. i loooooooove low baggy pants haha//..

prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:35 pm

I don't like it when guys show their underwear because their jeans are too low and too big. I can deal seeing them without a shirt though because you see it everyday at the pool or whatever.

I love low jeans on me though! The lower.. the better! But I also wear long shirts so it's not like you can see anything when I bend over.

I understand that bra straps can come out but please pin it or something! I find stray bra straps really tacky. That is just my opinion.

I love shirts that have writing across the chest (such as Aeropostale) and I also love purses that are across the chest (such as Kavu). It just makes it easier to carry around.. especially for all day trips. And you can find the cutest bags too!

My dad has said before that he doesn't really like the purses with the straps across the chest because of it emphasizing the chest and all but he hasn't told me I can't wear them.
    RebelChick

Post  RebelChick on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:10 am

I wear jeans a lot. I like skirts too, especially if I want to be more comfortable. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:55 pm