Acts 2:42

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Acts 2:42

This is a place strictly for fellowship. If you want to talk about more serious spiritual topics, feel free but it keep nice!

4 posters

My gums are hurting SO bad

Butterfly
    Butterfly

My gums are hurting SO bad Empty My gums are hurting SO bad

Post  Butterfly Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey guys..can you all pray with me about my wisdom teeth? I'm nearly positive that's what this is and I'm in some serious pain. It comes and goes and I've had to take Tylenol the past three days for it plus put on that numming stuff but it feels like it's in the jawline.

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow, thank God I have insurance because if it's as bad as the way it feels then I'll probably have to have surgery and I really don't/can't really afford to take the time off work to do that..

The one bright spot is that at least I didn't have braces because if I had then this would've screwed up the alignment of my teeth like it did for my sister..and she had braces.
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

My gums are hurting SO bad Empty Re: My gums are hurting SO bad

Post  EnglishRose Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 am

Sure, will do. It is quite painful when they come through, though it does sound like your mouth isn't big enough for them. Neutral It always makes me understand why babies are so unhappy when they teeth...!
    Butterfly
    Butterfly

Post  Butterfly Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:29 am

Welp,

I went, they X-rayed and then looked, then promptly talked over my head..they decided they wanted to do, oh, ten grand worth of work without really consulting with me.... affraid affraid

Agggggggggh. They never really addressed the entire reason I even went to the stupid dentist, which was because my mouth pain..thank God hasn't been that bad lately Smile But still!! (Sorry this has turned into a bit of a rant, I am so frustrated). Anyway, I think I'll get my wisdom teeth pulled in the next few weeks because that's the real issue..not the fact that I need root canals. Shocked Shocked

Anyway, keep up the prayers because I have no intention of taking off work to get this resolved and I'm considering getting a second opinion some place else. :-P
    prissyprincess

Post  prissyprincess Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:52 am

Aw I'm so sorry! Crying or Very sad I hope and pray that you will be feeling better soon!
    Butterfly
    Butterfly

Post  Butterfly Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:50 pm

I feel like I've been talking about this so much already but if you didn't already know lol I'll be having the surgery Thursday and my boss was very nice about helping me re-arrange the schedule so I can get it done.

The financing has pretty much come through, I should be getting my taxes back here soon and a partial refund from my school plus I got this dental credit card thing that lets me pay it off in payments..plus insurance pays half Smile

Just keep the surgery in prayers, I'm a little nervous! Smile I'm sure it'll be fine!
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 pm

Praying for tomorrow, Butterfly! How long do you have to stay in hospital for? Is it just day surgery? I'm sure you will be fine; there's nothing to worry about except maybe being a bit sore in your mouth afterwards. Smile
    Butterfly
    Butterfly

Post  Butterfly Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Whoops..I forgot to tell y'all (except Prissy knows, I think) that the surgery got moved up a day due to my stupid, stupid insurance company..

She was only able to pull three of the four because I reacted to the anthesia..she told my Dad that I would never have an issue with drugs or drinking because I can't stand not being in control of my surroundings and she's right. Wednesday was a crazy day, all day yesterday I kept remembering bits and pieces of things from the day before. Apparently I even bumped my head trying to come into the house..and I barely remember that lol

I wasn't in the hospital, just at an oral surgeon's office..now I'm home and somewhat more lucid that I was the past two days. I'm being forced to just lay in bed with an ice pack lol and watch tons of TV..thank God it's spring break because I can't imagine trying to study when I feel so out of it :-P

I look like a chipmunk due to all the swelling but I'm good otherwise Smile
    RebelChick
    RebelChick

Post  RebelChick Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Wow, sounds crazy! I am glad you are doing better now. I'll keep you in my prayers still Smile
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for updating! Sorry to hear that you had so many problems - how exactly did you react? It doesn't sound nice at any rate! Hope that the pain and swelling go down soon....make you get lots of rest and get spoilt by everyone while you can! Smile
    EnglishRose
    EnglishRose

Post  EnglishRose Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:03 pm

How are you feeling now? I've been thinking of you and your poorly mouth!
    Butterfly
    Butterfly

Post  Butterfly Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Aww, thanks. I'm feeling pretty good these days. The swelling was down to manageable proportions so I went out and ran a few errands..I'm feeling okay now, they just itch sometimes lol I'm still being cautious and eating softer food but other than that I'm good. I have my post-op appointment tomorrow, I hope she'll be able to give a refund like they promised since they only removed three of the four teeth Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am